How long can love last and grow? One heartbeat at a time.
On Golden Pond
by Ernest Thompson
Director: Anne Robinson
Dates: November 23 to December 11, 2022
On Golden Pond is a humourous and heartwarming play about love, reconnection, and family. Come back to 'the pond' one more time and see this American classic.
Norman and Ethel, who have been married for 48 years, enjoy returning to their cottage on the lake's edge every summer. Their daughter, Chelsea,used to enjoy her childhood visits to the cottage, too, but her life has taken many different paths since then. This year she returns to celebrate her father's birthday before making some special plans with her new partner, Bill. Bill's young son, Billy, stays with Norman and Ethel while Bill and Chelsea holiday in Europe.
The turbulent relationship between father and daughter, the generation gap between young and old, and the difficulties of a couple in the twilight years of a long marriage, all combine in a play that effortlessly illustrates the hilarious, heartbreaking, human moments of which life is made.
Come along at 7:30pm on Wednesday 23 November and help us celebrate opening night and enjoy complimentary refreshments before the show.
$30 (full), $25 (concession)
Group Concessions 10+: $25
Special discounts for large groups over 20 – contact email@example.com for more details
We accept Dine and Discover Vouchers - call 0466 332 766 (10am - 2pm daily) to book using your voucher.
A Season Ticket is the best value way of seeing our performances. Find out more here.
Bookings will open about 2 months before the show and you can book online or call 0466 332 766 (10 - 2 daily).
Evenings at 8:00pm:
November: Wednesday 23, Friday 25, Saturday 26
December: Friday 2, Saturday 3, Friday 9, Saturday 10
Matinees at 2:00pm:
December: Sunday 4, Saturday 11
Doors open 30 minutes before performances
COVID Safe Conditions of Entry
The safety of our community is of paramount importance. We have put measures in place to prioritise the health and well-being of everyone.
All visitors are encouraged to wear a face mask and are asked to sanitise their hands on arrival and exercise proper physical distancing while on site.
You are not permitted to enter Maitland Repertory Theatre if you:
- are experiencing any flu-like symptoms (sore throat, runny nose, persistent cough, shortness of breath, fever)
- have been in close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 (during the period of time in which the virus is contagious)
- are awaiting the results of a test for COVID-19
- reside with anyone who is awaiting the results of a test for COVID-19
- have visited a designated COVID-19 hot spot and failed to observe the government requirement to quarantine for 14 days
- have returned from international travel and failed to observe the government requirement to quarantine for 14 days