Maitland Repertory Theatre is registered as a COVID-19 Safe Business. During your visit, we ask that you adhere to the following procedures, which we have put in place to maintain a COVID Safe venue and to ensure the health and safety of all our audience and volunteers.
- If you are unwell, please stay at home. Any person who arrives at the theatre displaying symptoms of being unwell will be isolated on arrival and asked to leave when safe to do so. Anyone tested for COVID-19, will not be permitted to attend the theatre until a negative test result is confirmed. If you have pre-purchased a ticket and you are unable to attend for COVID related reasons, we will exchange or refund your ticket on request.
- If possible, please select the print-at-home ticket option when pre-booking tickets. Please have a paper or digital copy of your ticket(s) ready when entering the theatre.
- In accordance with NSW Health guidelines, when you visit the theatre you will need to check in with a QR Code which may be used as contact tracing information. Our volunteers can assist with checking in.
- Please sanitise your hands as you enter the building. A sanitising station will be set up at the front doors.
- We recommend wearing a mask when visiting the theatre.
- Please remain 1.5m apart where physically possible. Due to our small box office we ask that you wait outside when waiting for the box office and keep to the physical distancing guidelines of 1.5m. When visiting the bathroom, we ask that you only enter if the total capacity allows it.
- Box office will open 30 mins before the start of each performance. Due to capacity restrictions in the foyer, you will be asked to move directly through to the auditorium and take your seat after visiting the box office.
- Seating will be allocated to allow gaps betweens groups.
- You will not be permitted to congregate in the foyer or the theatre before or after the show. You will be able to either stay in your seat or freely leave the venue. Those wanting to visit the bathroom during interval will be asked to form a queue, standing 1.5m apart where possible.
- Maitland Repertory Theatre box office will be closed after the show and you will be asked to leave the venue promptly by either the High Street or James Street exits.
- The hygiene of the building will be maintained to a COVID Safe standard. Auditorium seats will be sanitised for each show; soap and paper towel dispensers, taps, handles, latches, handrails and counters before and during the show, and a thorough cleaning of the bathrooms, foyer and auditorium will be done weekly.
- For the safety of our audience and staff, a sneeze guard has been installed at the box office.
- We strongly recommend using contactless payment method at our box office.
- We strongly recommend you travel to the theatre by private transport or take public transport outside peak hour times where possible. Parking is available in High Street and in the Sun Street and Town Hall car parks.
For further details, please speak to our front of house or box office volunteers or call Maitland Repertory Theatre during office hours (10am to 2pm, Mon to Fri): 0466 332 766.