“They dropped everything for a good cause."
by Tim Firth
Director: Aimée Cavanagh
Dates: November 22 to December 10, 2023
When Annie's husband, John, dies of leukaemia, she and her best friend, Chris, resolve to raise money to replace the uncomfortable couch in the hospital's family waiting room.
The only problem is the Women's Institute fundraising calendar doesn't usually raise many funds! They come up with the idea of posing for an 'alternative' calendar – with just a little help from strategically placed cakes, flowers, and crafts. They manage to persuade fellow Women's Institute members to pose nude with them, and news of the women's charitable venture spreads like wildfire. The calendar's success brings hordes of press to the small Yorkshire village of Knapely and puts Chris and Annie's friendship to the test under the strain of their new-found fame.
Based on the true story of eleven women who posed nude for a calendar to raise money for the Leukaemia Research Fund, Calendar Girls is a heartwarming tale of old friends fighting hard to bare all, full of heart... and a little cheek!
Come along at 7:30pm on Wednesday 22 November to help us celebrate opening night and to enjoy complimentary refreshments before the show.
$30 (full), $25 (concession)
Group Concessions 10+: $25
Special discounts for large groups over 20 – contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
A Season Ticket is the best value way of seeing our performances. Find out more here.
Bookings for individual plays open about 2 months before the show, when you can book online or call 02 4933 2766 (12noon to 8pm, Mon-Fri).
Evenings at 8:00pm:
November: Wednesday 22, Friday 24, Saturday 25
December: Friday 1, Saturday 2, Friday 8, Saturday 9
Matinees at 2:00pm:
December: Sunday 3, Sunday 10
Doors open 30 minutes before performances
By Arrangement with ORiGiN™ Theatrical, on Behalf of Samuel French, a Concord Theatricals Company
COVID Safe Conditions of Entry
The safety of our community is of paramount importance. We have put measures in place to prioritise the health and well-being of everyone.
All visitors are encouraged to wear a face mask and are asked to sanitise their hands on arrival and exercise proper physical distancing while on site.
You are not permitted to enter Maitland Repertory Theatre if you:
- are experiencing any flu-like symptoms (sore throat, runny nose, persistent cough, shortness of breath, fever)
- have been in close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 (during the period of time in which the virus is contagious)
- are awaiting the results of a test for COVID-19
- reside with anyone who is awaiting the results of a test for COVID-19
- have visited a designated COVID-19 hot spot and failed to observe the government requirement to quarantine for 14 days
- have returned from international travel and failed to observe the government requirement to quarantine for 14 days