Dorothy in Wonderland
by Brian D. Taylor
Director: Rhiannon McDonald
Dates: October 4 to 22, 2023
Our Junior Production is always eagerly anticipated and we're sure that our 2023 play will be a hit with audiences young and old.
The worlds of Oz and Wonderland collide in this fantastically fun romp, cleverly and carefully adapted from the works of L. Frank Baum and Lewis Carroll.
Dorothy Gale has made her way to the end of the Yellow Brick Road, and the wonderful Wizard of Oz is just about to help her get back home to Kansas. But before she can hop into the wizard’s balloon, another whirlwind appears over the Emerald City, sweeping Dorothy, Toto, Scarecrow, Tin Man and Lion away to Wonderland.
Equipped with their new assets — brains, heart and courage — Dorothy’s friends try to help her find her way home, meeting many other interesting characters along the way, including Alice, the White Rabbit, Mad Hatter, March Hare, the Cheshire Cat and many more. They also must face a dangerous new foe — the Queen of Hearts! Dorothy and Alice team up to defeat the queen at croquet, but will that be enough to return Wonderland to normal?
And how will they ever get back home to Kansas and to London?
Approximately 1 hours and 45 minutes including a 20 minute interval.
All tickets $20
Group Concessions 10+: $18
A Season Ticket is the best value way of seeing our performances. Find out more here.
Bookings for individual plays open about 2 months before the show, when you can book online or call 02 4933 2766 (12noon to 8pm, Mon-Fri).
Evenings at 7:30pm:
October: Friday 6, Saturday 7, Friday 13, Saturday 14, Friday 20
Matinee at 2:00pm:
October: Wednesday 4, Saturday 7, Sunday 15, Saturday 21, Sunday 22
Doors open 30 minutes before performances
Produced by special arrangement with Pioneer Drama Service Inc., Denver, Colorado.
COVID Safe Conditions of Entry
The safety of our community is of paramount importance. We have put measures in place to prioritise the health and well-being of everyone.
All visitors are encouraged to wear a face mask and are asked to sanitise their hands on arrival and exercise proper physical distancing while on site.
You are not permitted to enter Maitland Repertory Theatre if you:
- are experiencing any flu-like symptoms (sore throat, runny nose, persistent cough, shortness of breath, fever)
- have been in close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 (during the period of time in which the virus is contagious)
- are awaiting the results of a test for COVID-19
- reside with anyone who is awaiting the results of a test for COVID-19
- have visited a designated COVID-19 hot spot and failed to observe the government requirement to quarantine for 14 days
- have returned from international travel and failed to observe the government requirement to quarantine for 14 days