Maybe there is a beast. Maybe it’s just us.
LORD OF THE FLIES
adapted for the stage by Nigel Williams
Directors: Isabelle Moy and Thomas Henry
Dates: June 7 to 17, 2023
When a plane crash leaves a group of schoolkids marooned on a desert island, it isn’t long before they descend into rivalries, chaos and violence.
William Golding’s Lord of the Flies is a 20th century masterpiece, as relevant today as it was on its publication in 1954. In it, Golding created an enduring modern myth, examining humanity’s terrifying capacity for self-destruction. Nigel Williams' stage adaptation of Golding's story is remarkably true to the novel in spirit.
Don’t miss Reamus Theatre’s staging of this modern classic.
Adult themes, violence, strong language, theatrical blood, theatrical haze and smoke, strobe lighting and complete theatrical blackouts. (Subject to change).
Approximately 2 hours including a 20 minute interval.
Come along at 7:30pm on Wednesday 7 June to help us celebrate opening night and to enjoy complimentary refreshments before the show.
$30 (full), $25 (concession)
Group Concessions 10+: $25
Special discounts for large groups over 20 – contact email@example.com for more details
Lord of the Flies is a special short run play by Reamus Theatre and is not included in our 2023 Season program.
Bookings for individual plays open about 2 months before the show, when you can book online or call 02 4933 2766 (12noon to 8pm, Mon-Fri).
Isabelle Moy and Thomas Henry
Ralph - Thomas Henry
Piggy - Bronte Fegan
Simon - Jade Devere
Roger - Hannah Richens
Jack - Jace Pickard
Maurice - Pascal Lecathelinais
Sam - Maddison Lamb
Eric - Kaysia Dowie
Bill - Luke Bell
Henry - Robert Joey McKinnon
Perceval - Sam Rogers
Naval Officer- Richard Rae
Evenings at 8:00pm:
June: Wednesday 7, Friday 9, Saturday 10,Friday 16, Saturday 17
Matinee at 2:00pm:
June: Sunday 11
Doors open 30 minutes before performances
COVID Safe Conditions of Entry
The safety of our community is of paramount importance. We have put measures in place to prioritise the health and well-being of everyone.
All visitors are encouraged to wear a face mask and are asked to sanitise their hands on arrival and exercise proper physical distancing while on site.
You are not permitted to enter Maitland Repertory Theatre if you:
- are experiencing any flu-like symptoms (sore throat, runny nose, persistent cough, shortness of breath, fever)
- have been in close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 (during the period of time in which the virus is contagious)
- are awaiting the results of a test for COVID-19
- reside with anyone who is awaiting the results of a test for COVID-19
- have visited a designated COVID-19 hot spot and failed to observe the government requirement to quarantine for 14 days
- have returned from international travel and failed to observe the government requirement to quarantine for 14 days